How to get travel discounts and save while traveling
Did you know that you don’t have to pay full price for airline tickets every time you travel? In fact the airlines are more than happy to provide cheap flights and discount air fares to their customers. The only catch is finding these deals, which once you know where to look and who to talk to is easier then you may think. It will take some time and patience at first but as learn how to do it saving money on all your airline reservations will become second nature. Your travel budget will also thank you because you’ll have more money in your pocket as you travel to your final destination.
Here are 5 things you can do to get Travel Discounts:
1. Call the airlines ticketing number. Most people don’t know this but the airlines run discount air fares nearly everyday. Unfortunately they don’t advertise these to the general public but most of the time all it takes is a call to an airlines ticketing service agent and asking what specials they currently have running. The best time to do this is in the very early morning hours to take advantage of the daily ticketing system updates that happen around midnight.
2. Know the best times of the week and day to travel. During peak travel times the airlines can charge higher prices because the demand is there. Try to be flexible with your travel times and fly during the slow times of the week and day, when the airlines are more willing to discount tickets to put people in their cabins.
3. Plan ahead. You can find good discounts on cheap flights if you make your reservations between 4 months to 2 weeks in advance. Obviously the closer you purchase your tickets to your travel date the higher the cost. You can also apply this thinking to your travel destination as well. Many destination vacation spots reduce their prices to attract tourists during their off-season.
4. Package deals can offer great savings. Vacation packages that offer cheap flights or discount air fares along with saving on accommodations are another way to find vacation savings. One of the best places to find this type of deal is with all inclusive cruise packages.
5. Shop around for the best deals. You do have to exercise some patience when looking for cheap air fares. Don’t whip out your credit card at the first good deal you find. Shop around at the different travel and airline ticketing sites to see if you can save even more money. You do have to be careful though because ticket prices can change from day to day. Once you better understand how the ticketing system works you will find that you’ll intuitively know when you are getting a good deal.
If you are tired of paying full price to travel by air then consider these 5 ways to get cheap flights and discount air fares as a good starting point. Once you learn the ins and outs of finding those bargain prices on airplane tickets you’ll soon be traveling in style with extra cash in your pocket. Also Consider staying with friends or family when you go on vacation. This ends up saving you a lot on lodging and food, maybe even totally eliminating these expenses. As an added benefit, a local host often provides better advice about what to do and what to see during your visit. Make sure to bring your own snacks and water bottles. Packing your own water and snacks prevents you from having to spend six dollars on a water bottle at a theme park. Snacks make great pick-me-ups while on the road in between meals and you won’t end up using time or money on drive through fast food restaurants or convenience stores.