Merchant’s Tire and Automotive Centers was founded in 1943. With only three associates, the first retail store was opened in downtown Manassas, Virginia. In January of 1944, a one-bay Esso gas station opened with 12 retreads and six new tires.
A second retail location was opened in Centreville, Virginia, and by 1972, the company had grown to 12 outlets. Since then, Merchant’s Tire has become part of the largest independent tire and automotive dealer in the nation, Tire Kingdom, and we are still growing. New locations are being added each year.