How to get the best travel deals
When you’re up for a holiday to get away from your busy life to the location which you’ve dreamt off, the single most annoying thing is the hole that it leaves in your pocket. Finding the best flight deals are pretty easy as you can go for a flight bookings website and get the best deals. The problem comes when you are booking hotels. Hotels seem to be very expensive and around any holidays, the prices are exorbitantly high. The biggest issue is you do not really know if you are really receiving a discount or good hotel deal. So there is a need that you do some good research before you get a hotel so that you can get the best travel deals.
Here are some tips which you can refer to before booking yourself a room.
* Contact the hotel - Before you are booking a hotel room, don’t forget to call the hotel first. You will get to know whether or not the deals that you got on the internet are cheap or not. Sometimes if you’re lucky, the hotel may offer a cheaper price along with some perks such as Wi-Fi or gym facility for free as goodwill for your enquiry. You also need not pay the third party fees that every online hotel booking website will ask for. But I always recommend being part of a hotel discount program which will most likely beat the lowest rate you can find 90% of the time, thus saving you a lot of money. You can visit www.hotelsetc.com for information on how to save on hotels.
* Consider cheaper alternatives. There will be loads of hotels which won’t be listed on the famous travel websites as they won’t have the extra money for giving the commission to the website. So if you come across one good hotel, go ahead and call them. Because it is a small hotel, you will directly talk to the head of the hotel and not some reception guy. The person will be entitled to offer you any hotel discount. One thing to be careful of when traveling to these types of hotels is the quality of the Hotel and location of the hotel.
* Large hotel rooms or apartments. If you are a large group which is travelling, consider booking yourself a bigger hotel room or an apartment. If the place has a kitchen as well, it will be a great thing as you will be able to cut down your costs on food. If you go for individual rooms, then you will be spending a lot of money as they would cost a lot more than one large room. Renting out an apartment is also available on various travel websites. Go out and find them on the internet. If you are in the market to rend a Condo, Apartment or house, then I encourage you to check out this site.
* Avoid reservations. If you are travelling to a city when it’s not a tourist season, avoid getting a reservation before-hand or online. Many websites may lie that there aren’t many rooms left and make you pay a lot more and you may find after reaching the hotel that there are loads of free rooms. So get the contact list of hotels around and go to the hotel and ask for the room. You will also get good discounts if the hotel is empty.
* travel rewards. Signing up for a rewards program can be beneficial. If you are a frequent traveler, then sign up to such a program and stay at hotels which are registered for this program. You will gain reward points each time you stay at the hotel. Later on you can exchange these points to get discount coupons which you can use to get good hotel discounts. I know Hotels Etc. has the best travel deals on the net 90% of the time but they also have a triple dip rewards program which allows you to earn points and use those points for travel. Earn a free vacation. If you travel on a budget or simply want to put nearly 80% of your travel, entertainment and recreational expense back in your pocket then joining a program such AAA, AARP can help you save money, however joining Hotels Etc., then you will have more discounts and better travel deals. Visit today and view their comparison page which will show you how much you could be saving.